- Upper Cervical Care
- Upper cervical chiropractic is a very focused area within chiropractic, which is designed to help the entire spine by treating the top two vertebrae in the spine.
Neck Pain Treatment at Health First Chiropractic Marysville
No matter how tough or stubborn you may be, there's no way to ignore or minimize the impact neck pain has on your everyday life. When you can't move your head without pain, you may not be able to drive (at least not safely), work, read, concentrate or even sleep. When your life becomes this limited, you need relief that goes all the way down to the underlying causes of your distress. That means you need the all-natural neck pain treatment we provide here at Health First Chiropractic Marysville.
The Problem of Neck Pain
Neck pain is proof that misery loves company. It's believed that one-tenth of the U.S. population is struggling with neck pain at any given time. But this common affliction can stem for a variety of causes. You may already know something about whiplash that acute neck injury caused when the head whips back and forth at high speed. Whiplash not only tears muscles and herniated discs, but it can also push the vertebrae completely out of their normal position, making pain-free motion impossible. But neck pain can also develop slowly and unnoticeably over time as a result of chronic conditions. Chronic neck pain may be due to:
- Bulging, flattened discs that cause the vertebral joints to suffer inflammation and (eventually) arthritis
- Stenosis of the cervical spine that compresses nerve tissue
- A chronic vertebral alignment problem called spondylolisthesis
- A misalignment between the skull and the top of the spine, producing chronic weight imbalances and neck muscle strain
- Postural problems and bad habits such as dropping your head down to view your smartphone (which can lead to a painful condition called "text neck")
Relief Through Chiropractic Care
As you can see, these underlying causes all involve the spinal structures of the neck to some degree -- which is why chiropractic care at Health First Chiropractic Marysville can treat them so successfully. Our Marysville chiropractor specializes in cervical chiropractic adjustments such as the Blair Upper Cervical Technique. This technique can literally put your head on straight, normalizing your neck's weight load and relieving muscle strain. Our adjustments can also treat acute injuries such as whiplash by restoring vertebrae to their normal position. Periodic chiropractic care can manage chronic neck pain by correcting the relationships between vertebrae, discs, and nerve tissue. We can even advise you on ways to take better care of your neck from day to day.
Need Help With Neck Pain? Contact Our Upper Cervical Chiropractor
If you have been living life with constant neck pain, come to Health First Chiropractic Marysville for safe, drug-free, non-surgical relief. Call 360-658-1987 to schedule an appointment!